We remain open for essential bike repairs on Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. We will continue to prioritise the safety of the people in the workshop which means we won’t necessarily be offering the same learning opportunities that we aim to in normal times.
Depending on the nature of the repair and the level of skill and experience required to complete it to an acceptable (safe) standard, our volunteer mechanics may decide to make the necessary repairs to your bike themselves (with you watching and the mechanic explaining) rather than supporting you to carry out the work yourself.
We have shortened the appointment slots to 1 hour 30 minutes to allow time to ventilate the workshop in between bookings. All the other Covid measures we have had in place since we re-opened in autumn remain the same.
To book an appointment click here.
- at present we are only able to accommodate critical/urgent repairs to a bike you rely on
- maximum of two mechanics and two people with bikes to fix in the workshop at any one time
- face coverings must be worn in the workshop
- handwashing facilities provided in the workshop and hands must be washed on entry
- two marked out work areas and social distancing required
- nitrile gloves available
- used tools put in a tub at the end of each appointment and disinfected