If you want to pop by to purchase parts or spares (and you don’t require advice or use of tools) then you do not need to book an appointment. There will be a maximum of 2 bikes being fixed in the workshop and 2 of our volunteer mechanics.
- You must wear a mask covering your nose and mouth in the workshop.
- We are only able to accommodate critical/urgent repairs to your main bike. Please only book multiple sessions if it’s essential. We will try our hardest to help you complete the repair in the 1h30 session.
- Please let us know if you are unable to make your appointment for whatever reason.
- We will send a text message reminder 6 hours before your appointment.
- If you do not turn up, and have not cancelled 5 hours before the session then you won’t be able to book for 2 months.
- If you require another person to help fix your bike please let us know beforehand.
- Please do not bring food to the workshop.
- Cash or bank transfer only.
- Please don’t be early
- As part of booking, we will collect information for Track & Trace, which may be handed to government agencies, if required in the event of an outbreak.
- If possible, install and activate the NHS Track & Trace app before you visit.
Appointment slots become available 3 weeks in advance. If you call or visit, we will only be operating the same online booking form on your behalf.
General session info
A typical drop-in
We will provide you with a set of the most common tools to use, such as spanners, pliers, allen keys e.t.c.
If you need other tools then we have a large tool board you can use, all you need to do is ask. If you have any problem then always feel free to ask for help. We will try to show you how the tools work and together make your bike work better.
We have truing stands, cassette and freewheel removers, bottom bracket tools, chain tools, chain wear indicators, headset spanners, crown race remover, derailleur alignment tool, bottom bracket taps and facing tool. We don’t have headtube facing or reaming tools or tools for more specialised high-end bikes.
We stock lots of second-hand parts: gear shifters, brake levers, headsets, wheels, cranks, derailleurs, mud guards, pedals, tyres e.t.c. We also have new parts such as brake pads, cables, freewheels, chains, nuts and bolts, bearings, tyres e.t.c.
For costs please see the membership/session page.
We were on Dissident Island radio show in Nov 2011, listen to the section here: