This is now outdated please see the session page for up-to date information.
A few updates for you:
- We continue to be open. At the moment this is usually Monday 4 – 8, Thursday 4 – 8 and Sunday 12 – 4. Please visit our Booking a session page for more information and the link to book.
- We are all volunteers! We are not in the workshop outside of the hours stated above so don’t try and call us; there will be no one in to answer! You can send us a message or email.
- We will be closing over the festive period. Our final opening of 2021 will be Monday 20th December and we will re-open on Thursday 6th January 2022.
- We have lifted our ‘essential repairs only’ requirement. This means you are welcome to bring your bike in for general fettling/your second bike/your project bike etc.
- If you just want to buy parts and don’t need tools or extensive advice then you don’t need an appointment but we suggest you call up (during workshop hours) before you come down to check that we’re definitely open.
- We have increased the maximum number of people that can be in the workshop at any one time to a maximum of 4 people working on their bikes and a maximum of 4 mechanics/volunteers.
- In accordance with our risk assessment, we are still asking that visitors to the workshop wear a face covering that covers both your nose and mouth (unless exempt) and we encourage social distancing where practicable.
- A reminder that we don’t have a card machine; unless you are able to make a bank transfer on your phone and show us that you’ve done it, please try to bring cash. You can find out more about membership and session donations on our Membership page.
- A reminder that we have VERY limited storage for bikes. Please do not expect to be able to leave your bike in the workshop if you don’t manage to finish a job in one session. The same applies to those with membership. We simply don’t have the space, sorry.
- (Because let’s not leave it at 9.) We have some copies of the beautiful Boneshaker Bicycle Stories Volume 2 in stock! A 220-page limited edition book with foil-block embossed double-gatefold cover. Described as ‘a sideways look at cycling for bicycle lovers of all stripes, full of the passion, poetry and politics of life on two wheels’ this is an anthology of issues 11 – 20 and we are selling it by donation, PAYF.