We are going to be open this bank holiday Mon but a bit later than usual – 5pm start (instead of 4pm).
On a separate note: in the workshop on Sat we had a very stuck bottom bracket. There are a few things we like to try if they are stuck to help remove them:
- make sure you are loosing not tightening
- esp. on Italian frames (which are right-hand thread both sides)
- spray lube on everything
- make sure that the bottom bracket removal tool is firmly in place (ideally use a crank bolt to hold it in)
- use a breaker bar (a long extension to increase leverage)
- blow torch (bit of a last resort…)
We got to step 3. with a breaker bar and applied lots of force to one of our chunky spanners. Creak, crack, snap:
Solution: put the bottom bracket removal tool in a vice and rotate the bike.